It is our pleasure to announce Boulder’s Listen To Your Mother Show 2018 Auditions!
The LTYM Boulder show this year will take place on Saturday, May 5th, and although that may feel like light-years away during the long weeks of January, it will be here before you know it, and we are eager to hear your stories this year.
For those of you who think there is no way that YOU have a story to share, we want to remind you: If you have a mother, know a mother, or are a mother, you have a story to tell about motherhood. This is not a show for professional speakers/writers (though we welcome all levels of experience). LTYM is about Motherhood and Motherhood is for EVERYONE. Your story may be the one that touches someone in the audience who needed to hear it. Your story is unique. Your story is needed.
Auditions will be in Boulder/Louisville by appointment only:
Tuesday, February 20th: 6:00-9:00 pm
Thursday, February 22nd: 6:00-9:00 pm
Sunday February 25th: 10:00am-3:00pm
To schedule an audition, email ltymboulder (at) gmail (dot) com. Please write AUDITION in the subject line.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Your piece should not exceed 5 minutes. This is approximately 600-800 words, but will vary widely depending on content and speaking style. PLEASE PRACTICE BEFORE AUDITIONING, time yourself, and edit appropriately to achieve the desired time.
- The central theme of the story must be motherhood. We always aim for a diverse mix of stories—we look for funny essays, poignant essays, and everything in between. We welcome all stories of motherhood from all people.
- You DO NOT have to be a mother (or even a woman!) to audition.
- You do not have to have your piece memorized. In fact, we prefer it if you do not, as this the show is a series of live readings (not performances).
- You do not have to consider yourself a writer or have experience as a stage performer.
- We recommend you check out videos of past shows, including Boulder’s 2013-2016 shows, which you may find here.
- If you are selected you must be present at rehearsals which will be in Boulder
- 6pm-9 pm Tuesday, April 3rd
- 6:30pm-9 pm Monday, April 23rd
- AND on the day of the show, Saturday May 5th at Unity of Boulder, beginning at 4:00 pm. The shows is at 7pm.
- Previously published work may be accepted as long as you have full rights to read it at this event.
Questions? Ask away! Leave them in the comments section below or email them to us at ltymboulder (at) gmail (dot) com. We can’t wait to hear your stories, and we’re so excited for our 2018 Listen To Your Mother Boulder show!
Sign up here to receive our email newsletter updates and stay up to date on all LTYM Boulder announcements!