I have to thank Kate, from Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine? for introducing me to the head-spinning world of blog-hopping, and also, Monday Listicles for hosting this supercool event.
So here goes:
1.The First Time I Did a Blog Hop– happening…..right NOW! That’s right, I am a Blog Hop virgin. Am I doing this right? I’m so nervous…
2. The First Time I Made a List– I’m fairly certain I was still in utero. I pretty much love lists. To-do lists, top ten lists, you name it. My first to- do list was most likely: learn to suck thumb, kick mama’s ribs, drop down into pelvis.
3. The First Time I Had Surgery– I was seventeen, and I had my gall bladder removed. What’s up with that?
4. The First Time I Met My Little Brother– I was 2 3/4 years old, and I was more interested in the small playground in the hospital waiting room than the nurse who held him up to the window. Then I went home, jumped up on my night table and yelled, “Dammit, dammit, dammit!”
5. The First Time I Fell in Love- I was sixteen, such a cliche, and I fell in love with a boy I hardly knew because I had a dream about him. For some crazy reason, he fell back in love with me and we were together for a year and a half, until I went off to college. Sigh.
6. The First Time I Got Married– I got a divorce. Yep, sad but true. Happily enough, the second time worked out a whole hell of a lot better. My husband is a great guy, a true partner, a fantastic daddy to our two girls, which brings me to…
7. The First Time My Husband Said I Love You– he hadn’t said it to anyone in 20 years. You read that right, he was 18 when he said it last, and 38 when we got together. Boy, did I feel special. And it was about effing time.
8. The First Time My Baby Pooped in the Bathtub– was last week. And it was gross. I could see what she had to eat for lunch floating in the tub. Not pretty.
9. The First Time I Went Skiing– was also the last time. I was thirteen, and I got a concussion on the bunny slope. In Minnesota- they don’t even have mountains there. True story. I am no athlete.
10. The First Time I Gave Birth– I ate a sandwich and drank a Coke ten minutes later. Best Coke I ever drank in my life.
Well, how did I do? I’m sweating bullets here.