Have you ever considered auditioning for Listen To Your Mother Boulder? 2019 could be your year!
Save the Date for Listen To Your Mother Boulder: Saturday, April 27th at 7:00 pm at Unity of Boulder
Auditions will take place on:
- Tuesday, February 19th in the evening in Boulder
- Saturday, February 23rd in the afternoon in Denver
- Sunday, February 24th morning/afternoon in Louisville
We will be announcing 2019 audition details at the beginning of January, so stay tuned for specific times, locations, and instructions for how to sign up for an audition spot.
In the meantime, get writing! We cannot wait to hear your stories. Remember, you do NOT need to be a professional writer, speaker, or performer to audition. You don’t need to be a mother, or even a woman! If you have a mother, know a mother, or are a mother, you have a story to tell about motherhood.
Not sure exactly where to begin? Here are some important things to consider:
- Your piece should not exceed 5 minutes. This is approximately 600-800 words, but will vary widely depending on content and speaking style. PLEASE PRACTICE BEFORE AUDITIONING, time yourself, and edit appropriately to achieve the desired time.
- The central theme of the story must be motherhood. We always aim for a diverse mix of stories—we look for funny essays, poignant essays, and everything in between. We welcome all stories of motherhood from all people.
- We recommend you check out videos of past shows, including Boulder’s 2013-2016 shows, which you may find here.
If you want more information, you can email us at ltymboulder @ gmail (dot) com. We look forward to hearing your stories! Stay tuned for details in early January on how to sign up for an audition, and make sure you are subscribed to our newsletter to stay up to date on important announcements!
Wishing you a peaceful and harmonious December,
Stephanie, Ellen, & Megan